Although this isn’t a review of great books, our new catalog is awesome for exploring new titles, seeing patron and library staff comments and reviews, and organizing books into lists – a lot of what we do on our In the Spotlight blog!
If you want to check out the new capabilities before we officially switch over, give it a trial run at www.lawrence.bibliocommons.com. So far, we’ve received great feedback on the new site! Check it out for yourself and let us know what you think.
Some of our favorite features of the new catalog include:
- Patrons create a username (won’t have to type your barcode every time you want to place a hold!)
- Ability to make, share, and see other people’s book lists (great vacation reads, mysteries for middle grades, Matilda’s epic reading list, and more)
- Can rate and review titles you like (or dislike!)
- Add books to your shelves: read, in progress, or for later
- See great staff picks
- Better search capabilities (want to find new music? Type “new music”)
- Future mobile app!
- Plus all of the previous features of placing holds, renewing books, paying fines online, and more.
*Bonus: if you visit the library, we have the new catalog on one of our new touchscreen monitors!
We’d love to hear what you think of the new catalog or if you have any questions!