The Friends of the Lawrence Public Library now has a storefront!
DownHall Books (aptly named for being “down the hall”) opened this week as a permanent browsing outpost for book sales.
The idea behind it is two-fold: how to address increasing storage challenges while answering requests for more book sales. In 2016, your donations helped the Friends of LPL raise a whopping $100,000 for library programs, speakers, collections, reading prizes, and more. That’s a whole lot of books, folks!
We found some prime wall space directly outside the elevator, installed shelving, and magically, the Friends’ overflow solution led to a fantastic benefit for you. Happy Browsing!
Behold the DownHall deets:
- Located on the Lower Level of the library
- BY ELEVATOR: When the doors open, boom—books!
- BY STAIRS: Our Tech Desk can point you in the right direction
- Hardbacks are $2; soft covers are $1
- An honor system cashbox allows for cash/check payment and donations
- Broad selection: classics, genre fiction, bestsellers, oversized books—you name it, it’s likely there
Questions? Call or email our Friends Coordinator, Angela: 843-3833 x 149 or firstname.lastname@example.org.