Libby, the innovative, new, one-tap app is designed to make borrowing and enjoying eBooks and audiobooks from your public library easier than ever.
This free app, created by Overdrive, is available for Android, iOS, and Windows 10 devices.
Libby just offers a simplified, cleaner and quicker access to content. We encourage you to explore!
It’s super easy! Just follow these steps:
- Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
- Open the app and find your library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code.
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in. You’ll need a valid library card to complete this step.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them while you’re offline.
From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Start Reading or Start Listening to open a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.
LIBBY vs. OVERDRIVE: Libby is a more streamlined way to access the library’s digital collection. They’re just getting started with Libby and both apps will continue to be available. But, eventually Overdrive will start promoting Libby to current users of their original app. So, for now (at least) there will be two apps that you can use to get the same content.
The original Overdrive app does offer some features Libby doesn’t yet offer (accessibility, eReading Rooms, Recommend to Library, and a multilingual interface), so if you like those things, just stick with Overdrive.