The Lawrence Community Shelter is the only emergency homeless shelter serving Lawrence and Douglas County in Kansas.
To help members of our community who are struggling with basic needs, from MON-FRI, December 11-22, the library will be a drop-off site for the following items listed below.
Together we can support the mission of the Lawrence Community Shelter in providing “safe shelter and comprehensive programs that set individuals and families facing homelessness on a path to a positive future.”
Please bring donations to our Welcome Desk. Personal hygiene products, intimate apparel, and edibles should be new. Coats, shoes, socks, and sheets can be gently used, but washed and/or clean.
- twin size sheets
- Light blankets
- baby wipes
- coffee and full-size filters
- coffee mugs
- powdered creamer
- large plastic tubs with lids
- toilet paper
- razors for any gender (no single blades, please)
- coats + jackets for all ages and sizes
- adult snow or work boots in all sizes
- kids snow boots
- underwear for all ages, sizes, and shapes
- mens socks