Hey, 6-12th grade artists! Wanna design our teen Summer Reading 2018 t-shirt? Imagine 800 Lawrence teens wearing your work!
The winner gets bragging rights, a $25 gift card from Downtown Lawrence Inc., a one-of-a-kind hoodie or bag with their design, and t-shirts for their immediate family members. WHAT?! Yep!
This year’s theme is Libraries Unplugged. The best way to describe the vibe is laid-back, creative, mindful, and chill — but, we’re leaving it entirely up to you visualize it.
HOW TO ENTER
- Download this entry form: 2018 T-shirt Design Contest Entry Form
- Create a design that best describes what Libraries Unplugged means to you
- Your design can only be one color – meaning one color of ink on white paper
- Draw your design by hand, use a computer, or any other design technique
- The words “Lawrence Public Library Teen Zone” must be included somewhere in your design
- Submit the entry form along with your design to the Teen Zone by Friday, April 6, 2018
- Paper copies of the entry form are available in the Teen Zone
ABOUT THE CONTEST
Based on our Summer Reading theme, we host an annual t-shirt design competition open to 6-12th grade humans, with the shirt being one of our teen Summer Reading prizes. That means that if your design is selected, more than 800 teens could be wearing it in just a few months’ time.
The winning design will be selected at the end of April by the Teen Advisory Board (made up of 6-12th graders) and library staff.