Volunteer Opportunities for Adults
Do you love the library? Would you like to share that passion with others? We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals to help staff our Welcome Desk. You will be the first stop for patrons looking for information about the library, collections, and events. Welcome Desk volunteers will need to:
- Love helping others
- Be the face of the library and make patrons feel welcome
- Have great public speaking and customer service skills
- Be familiar with computers and the library catalog
- Monitor the library’s security gates.
- This position will require two hour shifts on nights and weekends and some weekdays.
Do you love to organize? Is book browsing your thing? Shelving may be right for you! This position assists in shelving returned library materials as well as reading and shifting library collections. Volunteer shelvers will need to:
- Be able to discern letters and numbers as well as have some basic understanding of library organization.
- Have the ability to reach up high and to sit, climb or
- balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, & crawl to make sure items get into their correct places.
- Be able to lift, push, and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The position requires at least two hours of work a week. We are currently looking for volunteers to shelve Monday and Friday mornings as well as Wednesday afternoons.
Adult Programs and Events Assistant
We’re seeking individuals that are interested in helping with adult library programs and events. This position will help prep for programs, set-up tables and chairs, assist during programs, and help clean up and tear down events. Program and Events Assistants will need to:
- Have a passion for community involvement & connections.
- Have great hospitality & customer service skills
- Be able to lift, move, and/or shift up to 25 pounds.
- Hours for this position vary but are likely on evenings and weekends.