Book Club Hub
Whether you are charged with picking your book club’s next read or you are thinking of starting a book group in your neighborhood, we can help:
- Our Book Club in a Bag service can help make your next book club meeting a whole lot easier! Each bag contains 10-12 copies of a great book club selection plus a reading guide.
- For lists of good book choices and creative ideas for re-charging your group, check out these books about book clubs.
- There are lots of great websites that can help you pick a good book and find discussion questions. Some of our favorites include Reading Group Guides, Reading Group Choices, and the NoveList database.
- You can also sign up for one of our online book clubs and receive samples of new books from a variety of genres via email.
- Want to join a book club? Lawrence Public Library has two book clubs that meet each month. For more information about these groups, contact the Reference Desk via email at email@example.com or call 785-843-1178.
Last Wednesday Book Club
Last Wednesdays, 7 pm, Gallery
The Last Wednesday Book Club is a core group of 12 community members who have been meeting at the Library for six years to select books and lead discussions. Selections range from beloved classics to modern book club favorites. Anyone who’s read the book for the current month is invited to participate!
Great Books Discussion Group
First Saturdays, 2 pm, Gallery
Please join us as we embark on a series of lively conversations based on the world’s greatest literature – Plato, Chekhov, Kant, Marx, Shakespeare, Rousseau, and many more. Great Books is a national foundation with a mission to empower readers of all ages to become more reflective and responsible thinkers.