Posted On: Oct 23, 2014 In: Featured
Join the Friends of the Lawrence Public Library for another monthly book sale! Adult, young adult, and children’s books will all be available, including fiction and nonfiction, plus DVDs and CDs – and at great prices!
October Book Sale Dates:
- Thursday, October 30, 5:00 – 8:00pm (member night, memberships available at the door, beginning at $10)
- Friday, October 31, 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 1, 10:00am – 4:00pm
November Book Sale Dates:
- Friday, November 28, 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday, November 29, 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 19, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Sunday, November 9, 1:00pm – 3:00 pm
Donations of up to 4 grocery bags of books, cd’s or dvd’s will be accepted. We do not accept magazines, records, VHS or cassette tapes. Thank you! Drop off may be made at the lower level, Kentucky Street side at the garage door.
Posted On: Oct 1, 2014 In: Featured
Our new catalog is now live! You can try it here. Some of our favorite features include:
- Patrons create a username (won’t have to type your barcode every time you want to place a hold!)
- Ability to create book lists for yourself or to share, and see other people’s suggestions (great vacation reads, mysteries for middle grades, Matilda’s epic reading list, and more)
- Can rate and review titles you like (or dislike!)
- Add books to your shelves: “read,” “in progress,” or “for later”
- See great staff picks
- Better search capabilities (want to find new music? Type “new music”)
- We now have a mobile app!
- Plus all of the previous features of placing holds, renewing books, paying fines online, and more.
You can now download our mobile app for iPhones and Android devices. iPhone = appsto.re/us/HWlw0.i Android = goo.gl/mFOHn8
We’d love to hear what you think of the new catalog or if you have any questions!