Wednesday, October 8, 3:30 pm, for ages 7-11. Grassland Heritage Foundation members will tell us about prairie waterways, animal tracks, aquatic animal pelts and more! In the Reader’s Theater in the Children’s area.
Sunday, October 5, 3:30-4:00 pm. For this special Stories & Songs we present super rockers CS Luxem and Bobby Sauder. They will perform a thirty minute version of Harry Nilsson’s 1971 children’s classic The Point! Part fable, part folk/rock opera, The Point! tells the story of Oblio, the only round headed boy in a town where everyone must have a point. Join us for great music and storytelling!
Saturday, October 4, 1:30- 2:30 pm, and Wednesday October 15 at 3:30 pm, for ages 7-11. Everything is awesome…at LEGO club! We’ll have building challenges, open building time and more, in the Reader’s Theater in the Children’s area. Please register at the children’s desk or call 785-843-3833.
Test out your building skills against the Big Bad Wolf! Wednesday October 1, 3:30 pm, for ages 7-11. He’ll try to huff, puff and you know the rest! Can you build a structure that will withstand him? We meet in the Reader’s Theater in the Children’s area.
The new Bibliocommons catalog will be your default catalog for the library, starting in October. Many of you have been using it at the library, but pretty much on the run. Check out the new capabilities at www.lawrence.bibliocommons.com before we officially switch over: go ahead and sign in. Favorite features:
- Patrons create a username (won’t have to type your barcode every time you want to place a hold!) Parents, your child under 13 is not allowed to create their own username, but Bibliocommons will create one, using color and animal words. But of course you can always just use the familiar library card number, too.
- Ability to make, share, and see other people’s book lists (great vacation reads, mysteries for middle grades, Matilda’s epic reading list, and more)
- Can rate and review titles you like (or dislike!)
- Add books to your shelves: read, in progress, or for later
- See great staff picks
- Better search capabilities (want to find new music? Type “new music”!)
- Future mobile app!
- Plus all of the previous features of placing holds, renewing books, paying fines online, and more.
Wednesday, December 11, 3:30 – 4:30 pm, for ages 5 to 17. Who can make the coolest gingerbread (graham cracker) house at Lawrence Public Library? Join us for our 2nd annual Gingerbread House Day! All materials supplied. Register at 785-843-3833.