Honor your loved ones with mini Dios de los Muertos Ofrendas (shrines) made from Altoid tins. We’ll be making them at 2:00 on Friday October 24th in the Teen Zone. Read More..
Have you ever seen a photograph that seems to follow you with its eyes? Join us Thursday at 2:00 and we’ll show you how to make your own creepy Halloween decorations out of old-fashioned photographs.
If you’re not one of the lucky ones off school tomorrow, stop by the Teen Zone to pick up what you need to make your own project at home.
Please be aware that we’ll be using x-acto knives for this project!
This program will take place in the Reader’s Theater just off the TeenZone.
Join us this Thursday October 9th at 4:00 for a just-for-teens tour of the Sound + Vision studio.
What’s your dream for the future? This Saturday October 18th at 3:30 create an image mandala incorporating dream icons and symbolism from all over the world. Use these symbols to create a road map to your future.
October 12-18 is Teen Read Week and this year’s theme is “Turn Dreams Into Reality.” We’ll be celebrating all week with contests and programs ranging from a one sentence story contest to a dream collage, not to mention the amazing prizes. Read More..
Come to the library auditorium this Wednesday at 7pm to get the results from your 9/20 PSAT practice test -OR- just come to get some great test taking tips and strategies.
Reality U is coming to the Lawrence Public Library! Sign up now and fill out a questionnaire to help us tailor the program to you. Then, come to the library on September 24th for Reality U!
Join in a game of Love ‘Em or Leave ‘Em this Thursday September 11th, 4:00pm in the Reader’s Theater (just off the Teen Zone)
If you’ve visited one of the catalog stations in the new library, you may have noticed that the catalog looks a bit different. This is because we’re transitioning to a new catalog which you can see at lawerence.bibliocommons.com!
Some of our favorite features of the new catalog include:
- Patrons create a username (won’t have to type your barcode every time you want to place a hold!)
- Ability to make, share, and see other people’s book lists (If you like If I Stay, try these books, books for fans of John Green, Teen Picks: Classics Remixed, and many more)
- Can rate and review titles you like (or dislike!)
- Add books to your shelves: read, in progress, or for later
- See great staff picks
- Connect with the Teen Zone staff or Molly, who picks out the YA books and media for the library
- Better search capabilities (want to find new music? Type “new music”)
- Future mobile app!
- Plus all of the previous features of placing holds, renewing books, paying fines online, and more.
If you have questions about setting up your account or searching in the new catalog, don’t hesitate to ask the Teen Zone Staff.
September is Teen Health Month at the Lawrence Public Library.
We want teens to start the school year off right by eating nutritious foods, exercising and getting plenty of sleep. The benefits: more energy, better grades, healthy growth and reduced risk of diseases like cancer and diabetes.