Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Lawrence Public Library is a non-profit organization that believes a strong library is vital to our community. Through membership dues and legendary book sales, they raise funds to support library collections, programs, and services.
The Friends have also many great books for sale on our Amazon site.
A Friends membership is an inexpensive way to support your library, you can get started by filling out this form. Members get exclusive entry into book sale previews and members only events.
Our book donation area is located off of Kentucky Street, just past the library book return. When we are accepting donations, there will be a large blue drop box outside with a sign that reads “Friends of the Lawrence Public Library”.
We can accept:
- Hardcover, Paperback and Children’s books in good condition
- Travel, Computer or Textbooks less than 3 years old
- DVDs, CDs, and CD Audiobooks
- Comic Books
- Computer software, Video games, Board Games and Puzzles with all pieces
We cannot accept:
- Damaged books (e.g. moldy, dirty, water damaged, missing covers, missing pages, excessive marking)
- LP records, VHS tapes, Cassettes
- Periodicals or Magazines (including National Geographic)
- Readers Digest Condensed Books
In order for our volunteers to process book donations, we ask that you limit donated items to three boxes/ bags per household. If you would like to donate more items, please contact FLPL program coordinator, Angela Thompson, by email at email@example.com or by phone at 785-843-3833 ext. 149 to schedule a drop off.
*Fall Book Sale
- Thursday, *Members Only* September 29th, 5-7pm
- Friday, September 30,10am-6pm
- Saturday, October 1, 10am-6pm
- Sunday, October 2, 12-4pm
*Tuesday Afternoon Farmers Market Sale
Look for us at the Tuesday afternoon Farmers Market, June 28th, July 5th, and 12th
between 4pm and 6pm. For more information about the Lawrence Farmers
Market, visit http://www.lawrencefarmersmarket.com/
Please follow the Friends of the Lawrence Public Library on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest by clicking on the following links.