Friends of the Library
About the Friends
The Friends of the Lawrence Public Library is a non-profit organization that believes a strong library is vital to our community. Through memberships dues and legendary book sales, they raise funds to support library collections, programs, and services.
If you’re interested in purchasing books but can’t wait for our next sale, a small sample of our collection is available on our Amazon site. Membership is an inexpensive way to support your library, you can get started by filling out this form.
October Book Sale Dates:
- Thursday, October 30, 5:00 – 8:00pm (member night, memberships available at the door, beginning at $10)
- Friday, October 31, 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Saturday, November 1, 10:00am – 4:00pm
November Book Sale Dates:
- Friday, November 28, 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Saturday, November 29, 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Sunday, October 19, 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Sunday, November 9, 1:00pm – 3:00 pm
Donations of up to 4 grocery bags of books, cd’s or dvd’s will be accepted. We do not accept magazines, records, VHS or cassette tapes. Thank you! Drop off may be made at the lower level, Kentucky Street side at the garage door.