Are you a library lover? Want to work at one of the busiest spots in town? If you are 16 years or older, your next job could be at Lawrence Public Library. We accept applications for current positions only and do not maintain a file of previous applications. Applications are available here or at the Checkout Desk. (Please use Adobe Reader if you have problems with the application form.) If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sherri Turner, Assistant Director, at 843-3833, ext 126 or via email at email@example.com
There is currently 1 job opening at this time.
The Friends of the Lawrence Public Library
Job title: Part time Administrative Assistant, approximately 10 hours per week
Reports to: FLPL Program Manager
The administrative assistant will maintain the membership database, write and mail newsletters, assist with volunteer management, take the minutes at board meetings and other FLPL functions, assist with coordinating publicity for events, and act on the program manager’s behalf when she is not present. Together they will develop training programs, conduct volunteer evaluations and schedule volunteers.
1. Ability to perform basic computer skills, including Word, Excel and email
2. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain flexibility in changing conditions
3. Experience with newsletter or technical writing
4. The ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating cooperatively with patrons, volunteers, board members and library staff
5. Marketing experience highly desired
6. Library or bookstore experience is a plus
7. A minimum of a high school diploma is required; college degree is preferred
-some weekend work will be required
-additional hours may be required to coincide with book sales
-physical requirements may include lifting boxes that weigh up to 50 lbs, moving book carts and hand trucks, the ability to climb ladders and stairs is necessary
-This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to FLPL Program Manager Kandyce Horn at firstname.lastname@example.org . Preference given to applications received by August 29, 2014.
The Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.