Are you a library lover? Want to work at one of the busiest spots in town? If you are 16 years or older, your next job could be at Lawrence Public Library. We accept applications for current positions only and do not maintain a file of previous applications. Applications are available here or at the Checkout Desk. (Please use Adobe Reader if you have problems with the application form.) If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sherri Turner, Assistant Director, at 843-3833, ext 126 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Information Services Assistant
Lawrence Public Library is seeking someone who is passionate about making information accessible to the people of our community. If you love smiling, helping others, and making a difference in people’s lives, this job is for you. The successful candidate will work with the library’s Information Services department, helping people conduct research, connect to community resources, and pursue their lifelong learning goals.
Here’s what we’ll need you to do/be:
- You will staff the public service desk, and help answer the phone.
- You will help people navigate our catalog and databases.
- You will do some shelving, and help us promote the nonfiction collection and other information resources through displays, reviews, and programs.
- You care deeply about great customer service and value the mission of public libraries.
- You love helping people find the answers to their questions (and know that Google isn’t the only place to look!).
- You are curious, creative, and always thinking about new ways to connect people to the information they need.
- You keep tabs on current events in our community.
- You are flexible and can go with the flow.
- You are open to new ideas, new technologies, and new work practices.
- You are a quick study.
- You value teamwork and work well with others.
- Some college coursework
- Public service experience
- Proficiency with common office suite programs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in another language in addition to English
- Library experience
If this sounds like the job for you, please consider joining our team at Lawrence Public Library. This position is 25 hours a week and will require some evening and weekend hours. Wages start at $14.02 an hour. Preference will be given to applications received by December 3, 2017. Email an employment application, resume and cover letter to: Melissa Fisher Isaacs, Information Services Coordinator, email@example.com.
Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.