Are you a library lover? Want to work at one of the busiest spots in town? If you are 16 years or older, your next job could be at Lawrence Public Library. We accept applications for current positions only and do not maintain a file of previous applications. Applications are available here or at the Checkout Desk. (Please use Adobe Reader if you have problems with the application form.) If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sherri Turner, Assistant Director, at 843-3833, ext 126 or via email at email@example.com
Lawrence Public Library just opened our newly renovated and expanded state-of-the-art facility in the summer of 2014, and we are looking for another Mr. (or Ms.) Clean to help keep that new building shine on our beautiful new library. If you take pride in a sparkling clean facility, are the enemy of dirt, and say “yes” to windows, this could be the job for you!
Here’s what we’ll need you to do/be:
- You can dust, mop, sweep and vacuum with the best of them.
- Did we mention windows?
- And bathrooms?
- You are a dependable self-starter and have a strong work ethic.
- You know your way around cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Walking, pushing, lifting and even occasionally shoveling snow are all in a day’s work.
- Experience is a plus.
- You will need a high school education or equivalent.
- You play well with others and can interact respectfully with the public and coworkers.
- You value teamwork, but you don’t mind working alone.
- You believe a great city deserves a great library and won’t settle for less.
We are looking for someone who can work:
Friday – 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. 4.5hrs w/ ½ hr lunch break
Saturday – 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. 8hrs w/ 1 hr lunch break
Sunday – 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. 6.5hrs w/ ½ hr lunch break
- For a total of 19 hours per week.
If this sounds like the job for you, please consider joining our team at Lawrence Public Library. We are hiring 1 part-time position. The hourly rate starts at $9.99. Preference will be given to applications received by May 23, 2016. Email a Lawrence Public Library employment application and detailed work history to: Jon Ratzlaff, Facilities Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont St., Lawrence, KS 66044. A downloadable employment application is available at http://www.lawrence.lib.ks.us/library-jobs/
The Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.