Are you a library lover? Want to work at one of the busiest spots in town? If you are 16 years or older, your next job could be at Lawrence Public Library. We accept applications for current positions only and do not maintain a file of previous applications. Applications are available here or at the Checkout Desk. (Please use Adobe Reader if you have problems with the application form.) If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sherri Turner, Assistant Director, at 843-3833, ext 126 or via email at email@example.com
Materials Handling Assistant, Part-time
Lawrence Public Library has a part-time position in the Materials Handling Department.
If you are hired for this position, you will work with the coordinator of the unit and a team of Materials Handling Assistants and volunteers. You will work in the Materials Handling department and assist with check in, sorting, and shelving tasks.
Your job will also include driving to, emptying, delivering to the library, and checking in the contents of three remote book drops located at Lawrence supermarkets.
Here’s a list of things you’ll need to do/be:
- You are not afraid of work that requires regularly lifting and moving tubs of library materials that can weigh anywhere from 20 to 30 pounds
- You care about books and all library materials and will keep them in good condition during their travels
- You have a valid Kansas driver’s license and are a careful and proficient driver
- You can learn and master basic tasks required to operate the automated sorting machine and the library’s circulation software
- You can sort and organize materials onto carts in alphabetical and Dewey Decimal order in preparation for shelving in the library
- You have a strong work ethic, learn quickly, and work efficiently
- You are a team player and are willing to help out in the library where and when you are needed
- You love public libraries and understand that the timely return of materials to the library is an essential and important service
If this job interests you, please consider joining us at Lawrence Public Library.
The compensation for this position is $12.75/hour. Schedule is 18 hrs/week
The schedule is Tuesday through Friday 8:30-11:00 and Saturday 8:30-5:30.
Preference given to applications received by 5:00 p.m., Friday, October 28. Email an employment application, resume, and cover letter to Darla Sieg, Materials Handling Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.