Are you a library lover? Want to work at one of the busiest spots in town? If you are 16 years or older, your next job could be at Lawrence Public Library. We accept applications for current positions only and do not maintain a file of previous applications. Applications are available here or at the Checkout Desk. (Please use Adobe Reader if you have problems with the application form.) If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sherri Turner, Assistant Director, at 843-3833, ext 126 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are the current job openings at this time.
CUSTODIANS — Full-time and Part-time
Lawrence Public Library just opened our newly renovated and expanded state-of-the-art facility in the summer of 2014, and we are looking for another Mr. Clean to help us keep that new building shine on our beautiful new library. If you take pride in a sparkling clean facility, are the enemy of dirt, and say “yes” to windows, this could be the job for you.
Here’s what we’ll need you to do/be:
- You can dust, mop, sweep and vacuum with the best of them.
- Did we mention windows?
- And bathrooms?
- You are a self-starter and have a strong work ethic.
- You know your way around cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Walking, pushing, lifting and even occasionally shoveling snow are all in a day’s work.
- Experience is a plus.
- You will need a high school education or equivalent.
- You value teamwork and play well with others, but you don’t mind working alone.
- You believe a great city deserves a great library and won’t settle for less.
If this sounds like the job for you, please consider joining our team at Lawrence Public Library. We are hiring one full and 2 part-time positions. The hourly rate starts at $10.90 depending on qualifications and experience. Preference will be given to applications received by November 21, 2014. Email an employment application and detailed work history to: Tom Davin, Technology & Facilities Manager, email@example.com , or mail to:
Lawrence Public Library
700 New Hampshire Street
Lawrence, KS 66044
The Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.