Are you a library lover? Want to work at one of the busiest spots in town? If you are 16 years or older, your next job could be at Lawrence Public Library. We accept applications for current positions only and do not maintain a file of previous applications. Applications are available here or at the Checkout Desk. (Please use Adobe Reader if you have problems with the application form.) If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sherri Turner, Assistant Director, at 843-3833, ext 126 or via email at email@example.com
Part Time Information Services Assistant
Lawrence Public Library is seeking someone obsessed with great customer service. If you love smiling, helping others, and making a difference in people’s lives, this job is for you. The successful candidate will work with the library’s Information Services department, helping people find books, conduct research, navigate our online catalog and databases, and many other things too numerous to list here. If connecting others with the information they seek speaks to you, then we want to speak to you!
Here’s what we’ll need you to do/be:
- You care deeply about great customer service and value the mission of public libraries.
- You love helping people find the answers to their burning questions.
- You know your way around a computer. (Knowing how to work e-readers, tablets, and other gadgets gets you bonus points.)
- You read books and can talk about them.
- You listen to music and can talk about it.
- You watch movies and can talk about them.
- You will help merchandise the library’s books, CDs, and DVDs.
- You will do some shelving. (Don’t worry. It’s fun. We promise.)
- You are unafraid to take risks and be spontaneous.
- You are flexible and can go with the flow.
- You are a quick study.
- You value teamwork and work well with others.
- You will need a Bachelor’s degree or be able to convince us otherwise.
- You believe a great city deserves a great library and won’t settle for less.
If this sounds like the job for you, please consider joining our team at Lawrence Public Library. This position is 20-25 hours a week and requires frequent evening and weekend hours. The hourly rate is $12.62. Preference given to applications received by January 5, 2015. Email an employment application and a letter describing why you’d be the best candidate for the job to: Ransom Jabara, Information Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer snail mail, our address is Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont St., Lawrence, KS 66044.
Graphic Design Intern
The Lawrence Public Library is a vibrant, community centered organization seeking a graphic design student looking for great experience to build a well-rounded portfolio of graphic materials. Some of these include:
- web graphics for a website redesign
- social media content
- promotional posters for events aimed at dozens of different audiences
- logo design for program series
- large hanging banner graphics
- print materials for library services
- building wayfinding and signage
To produce these materials, we’re looking for someone who is flexible, loves modern aesthetics, is extremely creative, thinks strategically, communicates effectively, appreciates constructive feedback, and ultimately loves serving their community. Logistically, this person should be skilled in design software, including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Applicants with additional photography and videography skills are a bonus!
Position would include 8 to 15 hours of design time per week, and can accommodate students with design hardware and software to work remotely while meeting deadlines.
Lawrence Public Library is striving to provide a great destination space in Lawrence, further education by cultivating life-long learners, and foster talent by providing creation resources. If you’d like the chance to be part of this team, send your resume, cover letter, and a few examples of your work to:
The Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.