Are you a library lover? Want to work at one of the busiest spots in town? If you are 16 years or older, your next job could be at Lawrence Public Library. We accept applications for current positions only and do not maintain a file of previous applications. Applications are available here or at the Checkout Desk. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Sherri Turner, Assistant Director, at 843-3833, ext 126 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Lawrence Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Lawrence (Kansas) Public Library seeks a creative, outgoing, and enthusiastic marketing coordinator. Your job will be to keep LPL in the minds of our community and promote the services and programs we offer. Lawrence is a fun and funky place, and your approach to reaching our community should appeal to the quirky nature of our town.
Here’s what we’ll need you to do/be:
- You will be an important “face” of the library and love talking in front of a crowd.
- You know how to create and implement a marketing plan and understand traditional media and advertising.
- You have experience with brand management.
- You are a strategic thinker and a creative problem solver.
- You get social media and know how to use it as a marketing tool.
- You value teamwork and can build effective teams.
- You know Lawrence and how to get its attention.
- You can maintain a website and make it thrive.
- You are a great writer.
- You believe a great city deserves a great library.
If this sounds like a job that’s up your alley, please consider joining our team at Lawrence Public Library. A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Experience working in public libraries and three to five years of marketing experience is preferred. This position is full-time and requires frequent evening and weekend hours. Salary starts at $36,000 and depends on qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits. Preference given to applications received by Tuesday, May 28, 2013. Email an employment application, cover letter, and resume to: Brad Allen, Executive Director, email@example.com. If you prefer snail mail, our address is Lawrence Public Library, 707 Vermont Street, Lawrence, KS 66044.