Book Club in a Bag
Do you and your fellow book clubbers scramble each month to find enough copies of the selected book? Is it your turn to lead the discussion and you don’t know where to start? Our Book Club in a Bag service can help!
- The library has a collection of Book Club Bags that contain 10-12 copies of a selected title and a discussion guide compiled by library staff.
- There are a wide variety of choices available – fiction, nonfiction, classics, and local authors. You can view the complete list here.
- The bags check out for 8 weeks and can be reserved up to one year in advance.
- When a bag is ready for you, you’ll pick it up from the holds shelf and check it out with your other materials.
Ready to reserve a bag? Just fill out this form.
Would you like to help support the Book Club in a Bag service?
- We happily accept donations of books that your book group has read. If you don’t have ten copies, we’ll gladly take as many as you have as a start for a new bag and add the rest.
- If you’d like to donate funds directly to this program, we have an “Adopt a Bag” option. A contribution of $100 covers the cost of ten copies of a selected book and the tote bag.
The Book Club in a Bag service is made possible through the generous support of the Friends of the Lawrence Public Library and the Lawrence Public Library Foundation.