Located on the lower level, the Business Center has quiet space for research, a small conference room, and a variety of resources for everything from smart investing to growing a green business:
Tired of meeting clients in your home or at the coffee shop? The Business Center has a four-person conference room available at no charge. To reserve the room, call 785-843-1178 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Business Source Premier – Wide variety of business topics, including marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics. Available in the library and remotely from any computer with a Kansas IP address.
- Small Business Reference Center – Business basics, start-up kits, industry information, and access to ebooks. Available in the library and remotely from any computer with a Kansas IP address.
- Gale Legal Forms provides access to thousands of customizable state-specific legal forms, from leases and licenses to easements and agreements.
- ReferenceUSA – Detailed information on more than 14 million U.S. businesses and 115 million households. Searchable by name, address, phone number, company name, industry, geography. Available in the library and remotely with your library card number.
- Business and financial newspapers, including The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, and Barron’s.
- Business-related magazines, including Success, Bloomberg Business, and Lawrence Business.
- Reference books about starting a business, growing a business, and more.
Area Business Resources
- University of Kansas Small Business Development Center (KU-KSBDC)
- Lawrence Chamber of Commerce
- Kansas Business and Industry Data Center
- Lawrence Workforce Center
The Business Center also houses our Foundation Center Cooperating Collection, a collection of print and electronic resources for grantseekers and grantmakers.