Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
Take the “day on, not off” with us as we follow Dr. King’s steps in serving our community.
We’re gathering as a community to honor the seminal figure of the civil rights movement with a day of service and dialogue brought to you by our partners from AmeriCorps, NAACP, the Women of Color Muralists, and students from Lawrence and Free State high schools. We aim to commemorate King’s legacy on this day and throughout the year by involving the community in critical conversations.
All-day events for all ages
- 10:30 AM | Diversity Storytime with LPL Board of Trustees trustee, Ursula Minor
- 11 AM | Community Art Project with W.O.C. Muralists
- 12 PM | Free lunch from Hy-Vee
- 1 PM | Get your free copy of 2018’s Read Across Lawrence selection, Wonder!
- 2 PM | Speak Up! for Teens
- 4 PM | Screening: The 13th followed by moderated discussion
- Contact: Kristin Soper
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org