Teen Fine Read-Off
Are fines holding you back from enjoying all your library has to offer? Join us for a fine read-off during Teen Read Week!
October 8-14, 2017 is Teen Read Week, a time when we encourage you to read things you enjoy and to use your local library. This year we’ll be celebrating by giving you an opportunity to read off your library fines. Check in with library staff at any of the listed times and locations and get those fines out of your way.
- Sunday 10/8: 12-6 PM in Meeting Room C
- Monday 10/9: 3-9 PM in Meeting Room C
- Tuesday 10/10: 3-9 PM in the Teen Study Room
- Wednesday 10/11: 2-5 PM in the Auditorium, 5-9 PM in Meeting Room C
- Thursday 10/12: 3-9 PM in Meeting Room C
- Friday 10/13: 9 AM – 7 PM in Meeting Room C
- Saturday 10/14: 9 AM – 6 PM in Meeting Room C
How It Works
All you have to do is show up to one of our designated fine read-off times and locations. Tell the librarian in the room your name and library card number (if you have it) Then just sit down, relax, and read.
You’ll receive $5 off your fines for the fist 30 minutes, and $2.50 for every 15 minutes after that. (Heads up that we’ll ask you to read a minimum of 30 minutes at the read-off)
You can come back multiple times to keep reading your fines down to $0.00!
At the end of Teen Read week we’ll tally up everyone’s amounts and update their accounts. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to get rid of your fines!
A few quick guidelines to know:
- Open to 6-12th graders
- You can only read for yourself
- You can’t earn credit towards future fines
- Contact: Teen Zone
- Contact Information: 785-843-3833 x133