The library will be closed July 9 to July 25 as we move to our new building. Visit us at 707 Vermont St. starting Saturday, July 26!
“How Do I Get a Copy of Winter’s Bone?”
There’s no special sign-up to participate in Read Across Lawrence. Just grab a copy, start reading, and show up at events — it’s that simple! Here are a few ways to get a copy of Winter’s Bone:
- Stop by The Percolator on August 31 for an interactive Winter’s Bone art installation and Ozark music by eight women fiddlers from the Americana Music Academy, followed by the Hairy Vetch String Band. We’ll give away free copies to the first 100 people.
- Get lucky and be randomly given a copy by librarians around town during Lawrence Book Night on August 31st!
- Bring a non-perishable food donation for Just Food to Lawrence Public Library starting September 1, or to Watson Library or Anschutz Library starting September 9. The first 400 donors will receive a copy.
- Check-out or reserve one of 34 copies from Lawrence Public Library or from KU Libraries. You’ll have a week to read before passing it along.
- Team up with somebody else who has a copy and share. Enjoy discussing afterwards!