- Academic Search Premier – Scholarly multi-disciplinary research database.
- Ancestry Library Edition – Accessible only at library computers
- Auto Repair Reference Center – Access to repair, maintenance, and service information.
- Business Source Premier – Coverage in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics.
- Consumer Health Complete – Browsable medical database including drug information, topic fact sheets, medical dictionaries, and ebooks.
- Consumer Reports – Consumer Reports is an expert, independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online (select a version) -
- Digital eBook Lending (Formerly Kansas EZ Library) – Learn to use the statewide digital audiobooks and ebooks library on your home computer or mobile device.
- Explora for Kids - A multi-search website for Kids Resources available through the State Library of Kansas.
- Fantastic Fiction- A comprehensive reader’s advisory resources, containing bibliographies for over 30,000 authors and information on over 350,000 books.
- Foundation Directory Online -Searchable database of over 100,000 grantmakers. Available in the library on our public computers, on your device via our wireless network.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online – Geared toward individuals and small organizations seeking funding, includes over 10,000 foundations and public charity programs. Available in the library on our public computers or on your device via our wireless network.
- Foundation Maps - Uses aggregated data and demographic maps to reveal patterns of foundation giving and funding relationships. Available in the library on our public computers or on your laptop via our wireless network.
- Gale Genealogy Connect – features a wide range of comprehensive, fully searchable references and is powered by authoritative information from Genealogical.com.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Medicine – A collection of reference
eBooks focused on Consumer Health and Medicine.
- Heritage Quest – Genealogical resource to search federal census records (1790-1930), family and local histories, and more.
- Kansas History, Territorial through Civil War Years, 1854-1865 – provides a core of primary source documents for the study of Kansas history, including state and regional histories, travel guides, biographies, speeches and more.
- Kansas Library Catalog – Search materials held at libraries across Kansas. If you are interested in borrowing an item found in this catalog, please contact your local school or public library for Interlibrary Loan.
- Kansas State Library - This is a grouping of all of the online databases that Lawrence Public Library has with your Kansas State Library Card.
- Newspaper Source Plus – Access full articles from over 850 newspapers. This database now includes transcripts of television and radio news.
- NoveList – A handy way to find something new to read.
- Nursing & Allied Health Source – Articles and abstracts from nursing publications and other medical journals, for professionals and consumers.
- Sanborn Maps (1867 – 1970) – Accessible at library computers and remotely (library card number required for remote log in).
- Searchable Cemetery Records for Lawrence, KS – Database containing burial records from Dec 1832 to present day for all city-owned cemeteries.
- Small Business Reference Center – Business basics, start-up kits, industry information, and access to ebooks on a variety of business and career topics.
- Talking Books Catalog – Books, magazines and other materials available to qualified patrons through the Talking Books Program.
- Universal Class: Over 500 video-based courses on a Wide range of subjects, from personal finance to Yoga 101. Available in the library and remotely from any computer with a Kansas IP address.
- Worldcat – Search for books & other materials both in the LPL collection and in libraries worldwide.