- Academic Search Premier – Scholarly multi-disciplinary research database.
- Ancestry Library Edition – Accessible only at library computers
- Auto Repair Reference Center – Access to repair, maintenance, and service information.
- Business Source Premier – Coverage in all disciplines of business, including marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics.
- Consumer Health Complete – Browsable medical database including drug information, topic fact sheets, medical dictionaries, and ebooks.
- Consumer Reports – Consumer Reports is an expert, independent, nonprofit organization whose mission is to work for a fair, just, and safe marketplace for all consumers and to empower consumers to protect themselves.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Online (select a version) -
- Digital eBook Lending (Formerly Kansas EZ Library) – Learn to use the statewide digital audiobooks and ebooks library on your home computer or mobile device.
- Foundation Directory Online -Searchable database of over 100,000 grantmakers. Available in the library on our public computers, on your laptop via our wireless network.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online – Geared toward individuals and small organizations seeking funding, includes over 10,000 foundations and public charity programs. Available in the library on our public computers or on your laptop via our wireless network.
- Heritage Quest – Genealogical resource to search federal census records (1790-1930), family and local histories, and more.
- Kansas Library Catalog – Search materials held at libraries across Kansas. If you are interested in borrowing an item found in this catalog, please contact your local school or public library for Interlibrary Loan.
- Lawrence Journal-World Archives (via LJWorld.com) – Full-text articles from the LJW, 1989 to current. Few photographs or graphics. Use the search bar or calendar to find specific dates and articles.
- Lawrence Journal-World Archives (via Google) – Scanned images of Lawrence Journal-World printed newspapers, 1911 to 2008. Some issues not available.
- LearningExpress Library - Practice tests and exercises for everything from the GED to TOEFL to the U.S. Citizenship Test.
- Literary Reference Center – Browse and search full-text of literary works alongside journal articles, author biographies, and reviews.
- Mango Languages – An online language-learning system that includes Spanish, French, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, Greek, Italian, Russian and more.
- MasterFile Premier – Delivers articles, reference books, and an extensive image collection for every subject area.
- MEDLINE – Information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and more. Created by the National Library of Medicine.
- Newspaper Source Plus – Access full articles from over 850 newspapers. This database now includes transcripts of television and radio news.
- NoveList – A handy way to find something new to read.
- Nursing & Allied Health Source – Articles and abstracts from nursing publications and other medical journals, for professionals and consumers.
- Philanthropy In/Sight - Uses aggregated data and demographic maps to reveal patterns of foundation giving and funding relationships. Available in the library on our public computers or on your laptop via our wireless network.
- Sanborn Maps (1867 – 1970) – Accessible at library computers and remotely (library card number required for remote log in).
- Searchable Cemetery Records for Lawrence, KS – Database containing burial records from Dec 1832 to present day for all city-owned cemeteries.
- Small Business Reference Center – Business basics, start-up kits, industry information, and access to ebooks on a variety of business and career topics.
- Student Research Center – Browse or search topics from current events to art to math. Includes biographies and images. See the Student Research Central (Middle – High School) or Research for Kids (Elementary) for more resources organized for youth.
- Talking Books Catalog – Books, magazines and other materials available to qualified patrons through the Talking Books Program.
- Worldcat – Search for books & other materials both in the LPL collection and in libraries worldwide.