Business & Nonprofit
Business and Investment
Whether you’re writing a business plan, starting a small business, or looking for new clients, these research tools can help:
- Business Source Premier – Wide variety of business topics, including marketing, management, accounting, finance and economics. Available in the library and remotely from any computer with a Kansas IP address.
- Small Business Reference Center – Business basics, start-up kits, industry information, and access to ebooks. Available in the library and remotely from any computer with a Kansas IP address.
We are a part of the Foundation Center’s Funding Information Network. The Foundation Center is the nation’s leading authority on organized philanthropy and serves grantseekers, grantmakers, and the general public. Our partnership in the network is made possible by the generous support of the Douglas County Community Foundation.
In addition to reference books and circulating titles, we provide access to three powerful tools:
- Foundation Directory Online -Searchable database of over 100,000 grantmakers. Available in the library on our public computers, on your device via our wireless network.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online – Geared toward individuals and small organizations, includes over 10,000 foundations and public charity programs. Available in the library on our public computers or on your laptop via our wireless network.
- Philanthropy In/Sight – Uses aggregated data and demographic maps to reveal patterns of foundation giving and funding relationships. Available in the library on our public computers or on your laptop via our wireless network.
We also provide occasional workshops and training sessions on using Foundation Center materials. If you want to learn about these opportunities and additions to the collection, sign up for our Grants Connection e-newsletter by emailing the Foundation Center using the form here. If you need more information or help getting started, please call our reference librarians 785-843-3833.