Health & Wellness
From healthy eating to hospital information, these online tools can help you live healthy. These resources are available at computers within the library or remotely from any computer with a Kansas IP address. We are happy to help you use them – just stop by the Reference Desk, call 785-843-1178, email, or start a chat session.
- Consumer Health Complete – Browsable medical database including drug information, topic fact sheets, medical dictionaries, and ebooks.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library: Medicine – A collection of reference
eBooks focused on Consumer Health and Medicine.
- MEDLINE – Information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and more. Created by the National Library of Medicine.
- Medline Plus – The National Library of Medicine’s user-friendly health database created for consumers. It includes information about health topics, medicine, and supplements, as well as a collection of videos and health tools.
- Nursing & Allied Health Source – Articles and abstracts from nursing publications and other medical journals, for professionals and consumers.
- Universal Class: Video-based courses on health & wellness topics, including meditation 101, nutrition, and memory enhancement. There’s even an anatomy course! Available in the library and remotely from any computer with a Kansas IP address.