Posted On: Dec 8, 2017 In: Featured
Smartphone got you seething? Feel like throwing your tablet into oncoming traffic? We get it.
Which is why each week we’ve got Tech Tuesdays from 5-6 PM, to take all your questions, from upgrades to downloads and everything inbetween.
If you prefer to meet individually, schedule some One-on-One Tech Assistance. Don’t get mad — get help!
DECEMBER TECH TUESDAYS DROP-IN
TUE | Dec 12 | 5-6 PM | Meeting Room B
TUE | Dec 19 | 5-6 PM | Meeting Room B
TUE | Dec 26 | 5-6 PM | Meeting Room B (Got a gadget as a gift? Perfect timing.)
Posted On: Nov 26, 2016 In: Just for Seniors, Teens Featured, What's Happening
There a new way to carry LPL in your pocket, and it’s not from an app store. We said goodbye to the LPL app in December and replaced it with something better: Bibliocommons Mobile.
Whether you’re Android or Apple, the switch is simple and takes less than 5 minutes. If you’re familiar with saving links to your home screen, jump right in.
We think you’ll be impressed:
- Get instant access from your home screen just like the app (that’s not changing)
- It’s faster, easier, quicker
- It looks and works the same on all devices
- Seamless browsing with better lists
- Easy to bookmark
- It’s FREE
Why are we doing this?
- Advances in technology (responsive design) make mobile browsing feel like an app
- Having both (paying for an app while having a free site do the same thing) is duplication
- The LPL app isn’t cheap— we’ll be able to explore other products and services for you
We’ve included steps below for making the switch. If you get stuck:
- Stop by any of our service desks for help
- Chat with a librarian online
- Call 785-843-3833 for assistance
- Chat with one of our Tech Staff at the lower level Tech Desk
NOTE: “LPL Mobile” is the name we chose when saving the link to our home screen. You can call it whatever you’d like!
Android users: More info here.
Apple users: See video demo on Lifehacker for more info.