Read what you like and use the library.
That’s what Teen Read Week (OCT 8-14) is all about and this year we’re making it easier than ever by reading away those pesky fines.
Yes! All you gotta do is check in with library staff at any of the listed times and locations, and get those charges outta the way.
- Sunday 10/8: 12-6 PM in Meeting Room C
- Monday 10/9: 3-9 PM in Meeting Room C
- Tuesday 10/10: 3-9 PM in the Teen Study Room
- Wednesday 10/11: 2-5 PM in the Auditorium, 5-9 PM in Meeting Room C
- Thursday 10/12: 3-9 PM in Meeting Room C
- Friday 10/13: 9 AM – 7 PM in Meeting Room C
- Saturday 10/14: 9 AM – 6 PM in Meeting Room C
How It Works…
- Show up to one of our designated fine read-off times and locations
- Find the librarian
- Give your name and library card number (if you have it)
- Find a good spot, relax, and read
- You’ll receive $5 off your fines for the fist 30 minutes, and $2.50 for every 15 minutes after that. (Heads up that we’ll ask you to read a minimum of 30 minutes at the read-off)
- Return as often as it takes to get your balance down to $0.0
- At the end of Teen Read week we’ll tally up everyone’s amounts and update their accounts
- Open to 6-12th graders
- You can only read for yourself
- You can’t earn credit towards future fines
Don’t miss out! Get rid of your fines!