Posted On: May 26, 2017 In: Featured
Starting Monday, June 5 through July 28, get ready for a summer fitness adventure into the great “ungnome”!
Whether you’re House Lannister or House Stark, it’s your job to find all 21 gnomes we’ve hidden in various parks around town. Form a fellowship or strike out solo and earn some loot!
We’ll have maps and instructions both online and at our Welcome Desk starting June 5.
Here’s how to play:
- Visit the walking paths in the parks on the map.
- Each location has two gnomes. Find them, and their special names along each path. NOTE: DeVictor Park has a bonus third gnome located in our Storywalk®.
- Match the park’s number with the gnome names on your handout. Write the park’s number next to the gnome’s name in the blank provided.
- Find all 21 gnomes. We’ve included three “wild card” gnomes on the list to keep you on your toes (you won’t find them—they’re just decoys.)
- Fill out your contact info and return the sheet to our Welcome Desk to enter the raffle for your very own gnomes!
GUARANTEED FINISHER PRIZES
A coupon to Ad Astra Running
A coupon to the Rolling Gnome Gaming Store
A surprise tchotchke
One of these four glorious finisher buttons — You choose!
GRAND PRIZE RAFFLE
To be announced… Oh, the suspense!
Posted On: Mar 13, 2017 In: What's Happening
We’re all about connecting readers and writers, and now NE Kansas authors can easily submit their work for consideration for inclusion in our Local Indie Author Collection.
Check out our form and submit!
Posted On: Jan 22, 2017 In: Uncategorized
How does cutting taxes affect the wellbeing of our state’s budget?
On Thursday, Jan 26, Kansas Public Radio’s Statehouse Bureau Chief Stephen Koranda will moderate a panel discussion from 7-8:30 PM in the Auditorium on the pros, cons, and philosophy behind the Kansas tax experiment.
Posted On: May 3, 2016 In: In the Spotlight
Lawrence author George Frazier celebrates the wilderness he finds in Kansas, lyrically linking the present with the past in his new book The Last Wild Places of Kansas: Journeys Into Hidden Landscapes. Read More..
Posted On: Sep 11, 2015 In: In the Spotlight
Lawrence native Andrew Malan Milward has combed through Kansas history for all the secrets, idiosyncrasies, and forgotten moments of our state. With this trove of knowledge, he didn’t try to write a textbook or manifesto; instead, he created a work of short stories, speaking of the lives of Kansans, some historical, and some imagined.
Posted On: Aug 25, 2015 In: In the Spotlight
Language lovers of all ages are in for a treat this Thursday night: Eric McHenry, the current Kansas Poet Laureate, will be speaking at a special free event in the library auditorium at 7:00 pm. Read More..