Posted On: Dec 8, 2017 In: Featured
Smartphone got you seething? Feel like throwing your tablet into oncoming traffic? We get it.
Which is why each week we’ve got Tech Tuesdays from 5-6 PM, to take all your questions, from upgrades to downloads and everything inbetween.
If you prefer to meet individually, schedule some One-on-One Tech Assistance. Don’t get mad — get help!
DECEMBER TECH TUESDAYS DROP-IN
TUE | Dec 12 | 5-6 PM | Meeting Room B
TUE | Dec 19 | 5-6 PM | Meeting Room B
TUE | Dec 26 | 5-6 PM | Meeting Room B (Got a gadget as a gift? Perfect timing.)
Posted On: Nov 17, 2017 In: Uncategorized
The library will be closed Thursday, NOV 23 in observance of the holiday, but our eLibrary is always open — 24-7-365.
For those of you hitting the road, we’ll be here until 9 PM Wednesday night, so load up on stuff to read, listen to, and watch on your long drive.
If your preferred format is a smartphone, tablet, or other device, hit up our eLibrary for downloads or streaming content while on the road. You’ll need a library card to access, so get one now.
The LPL eLibrary Cornucopia overrunneth:
Overdrive | eBooks (including Kindle) and audiobooks
Hoopla | eBooks (including comics) and audiobooks
Flipster | popular magazines galore like Time, People, US, Rolling Stone, The New Yorker, etc.
New York Times | Yes! No more 10-article monthly limit! You get unlimited with your LPL card!
Kanopy | 26,000+ indie and documentary films!
State Library of Kansas | eBooks, audiobooks, picturebooks
Posted On: Jun 28, 2017 In: Teens Featured, What's Happening
Libby, the innovative, new, one-tap app is designed to make borrowing and enjoying eBooks and audiobooks from your public library easier than ever. This free app, created by Overdrive, is available for Android, iOS, and Windows 10 devices. It’s super easy! Just follow these steps:
- Install the Libby app from your device’s app store.
- Open the app and find your library. You can search by library name, city, or zip code.
- Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title. When prompted, sign in. You’ll need a valid library card to complete this step.
- Borrowed titles appear on your Shelf and download to the app automatically so you can read them while you’re offline.
From your Shelf, you can:
- Tap Start Reading or Start Listening to open a title.
- Tap the cover image, then Send to Device to send a book to Kindle.