Posted On: Jan 11, 2017 In: Teens Featured
10 free articles a month go pretty fast and the basic $195 annual subscription might feel impossibly out of reach. That’s why we’re excited to provide you digital access to the New York Times — in house and off site. Get breaking news, reviews, multimedia, and opinion on Washington, business, sports, movies, travel, books, jobs, education and more — here or wherever you find yourself in the world.
Access in the library (unlimited access to articles)
- Connect to the Library’s WiFi or use a library computer
- First-time users will need to register here (provide an email, create a password)
- Returning users can log in at nytimes.com
Access off site (72 hours of unlimited access)
- Log in (or register if it’s your first time) on your device or computer
- Open the following URL in a new tab, then enter your library card number and 8-digit PIN for access.
Here’s a visual!
Posted On: Nov 26, 2016 In: Just for Seniors, Teens Featured, What's Happening
There a new way to carry LPL in your pocket, and it’s not from an app store. We said goodbye to the LPL app in December and replaced it with something better: Bibliocommons Mobile.
Whether you’re Android or Apple, the switch is simple and takes less than 5 minutes. If you’re familiar with saving links to your home screen, jump right in.
We think you’ll be impressed:
- Get instant access from your home screen just like the app (that’s not changing)
- It’s faster, easier, quicker
- It looks and works the same on all devices
- Seamless browsing with better lists
- Easy to bookmark
- It’s FREE
Why are we doing this?
- Advances in technology (responsive design) make mobile browsing feel like an app
- Having both (paying for an app while having a free site do the same thing) is duplication
- The LPL app isn’t cheap— we’ll be able to explore other products and services for you
We’ve included steps below for making the switch. If you get stuck:
- Stop by any of our service desks for help
- Chat with a librarian online
- Call 785-843-3833 for assistance
- Chat with one of our Tech Staff at the lower level Tech Desk
NOTE: “LPL Mobile” is the name we chose when saving the link to our home screen. You can call it whatever you’d like!
Android users: More info here.
Apple users: See video demo on Lifehacker for more info.