We will not have any book van service between 12-26-2016 and 1-02-2017.
Links to resources in Lawrence that can help you find a bite to eat, talk about your troubles or get advice on anything from sex to money.
Learning to Drive
- DrivingTests.org: Free online practice tests to help you get ready for the real thing at the DMV.
- Driving Manual: The official Kansas Driving Manual
Getting A Job
Check out our links to help your job search here.
Counseling & Crisis
- Headquarters Counseling Center: Local counseling lines answered 24/7 year round. The people at HQCC will listen, provide support, and help you with whatever is bothering you. Everything stays confidential unless you want them to tell someone.
- The Willow Domestic Violence Center: Safe house and crisis hotline for victims of domestic violence.
- GaDuGi Safecenter: Support and counseling for victims of rape and sexual assault.
- Bert Nash Community Mental Health Center: Counseling to help with life changes, depression, anxiety, or other mental health issues.
- Safe Place: (785) 840-9459: If you feel it is unsafe to go home and are considering running away you can go to the Quick Trip on 23rd street and tell any employee you need help. They will call a trained professional who can get you the help you need.
Sexuality & Relationships
- Planned Parenthood: Body, sex, and dating information.
- Lawrence Queer Youth Voice: Youth-led trans and queer organization that provides a safe space and an outlet for youth activism.
Health & Beauty
- Teens Health: Learn how to take care of yourself now and in the future.
- iEmily: Health and wellness site just for girls
- Healthfinder.gov: Quick guide to healthy living.
- Kansas Tobacco Quit Line: Provides support for quitting tobacco for smokers ages 13 and older.
- Jubilee Café (First United Methodist Church): Free made to order breakfast Tuesday and Friday 7-7:45 am.
- L.I.N.K. (First Christian Church): Free meal Saturday and Sunday 1-2 pm.
- Budget Guides: Provides links to a variety of resources that can help you set up your own budget
- Jump Start Reality Check: Find out what it takes to live on your own.
- Consumer Tips for Teens: Good advice for buying your first car, computer, heading to college, or out on your own.